|Tried & True Home Buying Tips
1. The reason a home has difficulty selling the first time will be true the next time. So if a house has been on the market for a long time, ask or consider why. For example, other than garden homes, homes without basements will be more difficult to resale.
2. Brick homes resell better. Buy brick for less maintenance and chance of rot.
3. Houses with main level garages resell better than lower level garages. Detached garages don’t resell well. People don’t want to walk upstairs with groceries or through the cold or heat with them.
4. Buy the master and master bath. Look for space and quality.
5. Location, location, location: buy in the best neighborhood, in the best part of town, with the best schools you can afford. And if possible buy on a cul-de-sac rather than a main street.